Buffalo Trail PTCO
News From the Herd--April 14, 2014
Earning 4 Learning Class Contest ENDS April 25
Turn in your Southlands receipts to the front office in an envelope with your teacher’s name. The class with the most receipts will will a $75 gift card for their classroom.
Noodles and Company Wednesday, April 16th from 5-9pm.
National Teacher Appreciation Week
April 28th - May 2nd
Buffalo Trail will be honoring our teachers on Friday, May 2nd. PTCO is hosting a fabulous teacher appreciation breakfast and during the breakfast teachers will bid on gifts using Speidicents, volunteer bucks they earned during the year. If you would like to donate something for our teacher’s to bid on during their breakfast like a gift card or if your child would like to make a hand made card for his/her teacher and/or integrated arts teacher. Please turn it into the front office no later than Friday, April 25th.
Volunteers - How can you impact our students?
PTCO is in need of volunteers for our next school year. It’s a great way to meet new parents in our community and make an impact on our students. Where can you help? What skills can you bring to the group? How can you show your child that they mean enough to you to help by getting involved and helping others? If any of these positions or committee opportunities appeal to you, please respond to this email with the area you are interested in. We will contact you to answer any questions you may have and discuss the next steps!
Events Committee: 4 or more people that would help plan and implement events with our event coordinator.
Book fair Committee: 2 or more people to assist in planning, running and decorating for book fair (2 book fairs per year)
Teacher Appreciation Committee: 2 or more people for a once a year commitment to do something fun to appreciate teachers
Yearbook Coordinator: Takes pictures at events and puts together the yearbook for school
Yearbook Committee: Assist with putting together yearbook and may be asked to take pictures
Fundraising Committee: 2 or more people that would be willing to assist Fundraising Coordinator on as needed basis
Co-Fundraising Coordinators: (Board Member)
Two openings available - Maybe you and a friend?
• Attends all board meetings and general meetings.
• Organizes and schedules all fundraisers for the school year that are approved by of the Board, including but not limited to the Fall Fundraiser, Spring Fundraiser (if needed) and School Supply kits.
• Handles correspondence with fundraising organization; including contracts, fees, deliveries, solicitations.
• Follows the procedures set forth by the organization on handling monies.
• Coordinates the necessary items needed to participate in the Earning 4 Learning, Box Tops, & Campbell Soup’s Labels for Education programs if participating in them.
• Coordinates Restaurant nights throughout the year, organizes flyers, and follow up with the restaurants.
Co-President: (Board Member)
Currently one opening to work with current president.
• To call and preside at all meetings of the organization.
• Attend all board meetings and general meetings.
• To be a member ex-officio of all committees.
• To work with the Executive Board to appoint chairpersons of Standing and Special Committees, the Nominating Committee and representatives.
• To attend CCSD Parents’ Council general meetings or assign a representative (Parents’ Council Representative or Representatives).
• To sign checks in addition to the Treasurer.
• To appoint an examiner to conduct the year-end financial examination of the organization’s book. *
• To submit an annual affiliation letter to the CCSD Parents’ Council asking to continue as a subordinate organization under the 501(c)(3) tax exempt group status. * (Treasurer Provides)
• To make sure that the organization is registered as a Charitable Organization in the State of Colorado with
the Secretary of State. *
Congratulations Kim Casali - Buffalo Trail School Librarian
The Buffalo Trail library has been recognized as a “Highly Effective Library Program” by the Colorado Department of Education. Thank you Kim for helping our kids learn the joy of reading and reinforcing many other aspects of learning for our students!
Post a Comment