We need you to be involved! Volunteering is a way for you to give back to the education you appreciate from Buffalo Trail! We know time is valuable and limited, but everyone has an hour or two during the year and if we all find a way to get involved then it does not fall to a few.
Places to get INVOLVED!
Please take a look at the opportunities that are available and let us know if you are interested in one or more areas.
- PTCO Classroom Representative
- Each teacher needs a PTCO Classroom Representative for their classroom. Duties include attending PTCO General meetings, assisting teachers with PTCO tasks, informing and coordinating other parents in your child's classroom.
- Classroom Volunteer
- Helping out your child's teacher as needed on a regular basis or for special projects.
- Check in/out books during class library periods. May coordinate with your child's class.
- School Pictures
- Escort classes to the photo location at their scheduled time, facilitate completion of student forms if necessary, direct students waiting for pictures. Full or half day commitment.
- Assist the school nurse with screening. Training is provided (Half-day commitment).
- Book Fair
- Help set up/take down displays during the Book Fair (late fall/early spring). Work morning and/or afternoon cashier shifts, also evening shifts during conferences.
- Yearbook Helper
- Assists with taking pictures for the yearbook.
Direct PTCO Service
Board/Chair Positions ~This is the heart of our organization—recruiting, funneling, directing volunteers to events & programs, matching wants and needs with resources, always on the look-out for someone who might want to get involved but who doesn't know how. You are a very public face to our PTCO!
PTCO Audit ~Review the PTCO financial and legal documents against a prepared checklist (provided by the State PTCO office) for compliance with regulations, policies and best practices. Identify any required amendments and recommend improvements. A working knowledge of finances and PTCO practices is useful, but not required.
2018-2019 PTCO Board Members and Chair Persons
President- Lauren Stavenger
Co President- Lynn Holat
Treasurer- Ben Carnahan
Secretary- Alofa Staley
Fundraising- Lauren Stavenger
CO Fundraising- Sandra Cintron
Events -Melissa Brondel
Events- Mallory Salak
Yearbook- Veronica Bishop
Spirit Wear-Tammy BarreraWatch DOGS – Bale Barrera
There is a place for everyone here, look for your spot and let us know where you fit, drop us an email and we will make sure you are put in contact with that committee! We NEED you so don’t think someone else will do it! It is YOU we need!