October 30, 2020
Dear Buffalo Trail Elementary Parents and Guardians,
We want to make you aware that a Buffalo Trail Elementary staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. The staff member was last at school on October 29, 2000.
Based on guidance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and a public health investigation, we are quarantining 16 students who were in close contact (within six feet for 15 minutes or longer) with the staff member who tested positive. The parents of those students have been contacted directly. If you have not been contacted directly, you do not need to take any action. We are notifying you as part of our efforts to be transparent.
Any case of COVID-19 in the Cherry Creek School District is investigated by our public health partners. As part of that public health investigation:
- The person diagnosed is kept home from school or work until they are no longer infectious.
- The person’s mask use, physical distancing and activities while infectious are assessed.
- The people who were in close contact with the person with COVID-19 are instructed to stay home from school for 14 days after the exposure. This is called quarantine.
If your student develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please inform your school nurse, and:
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Continue to keep your student home from school and continue to avoid any activities around other people.
- Seek medical care and call your healthcare provider to inquire about testing for COVID-19.
All students and staff are reminded to follow district health and safety requirements to wear a mask, wash hands frequently and practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible. If you or anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, do not send your child to school. Seek medical care and COVID-19 testing.
We thank you for your partnership in the effort to keep students, staff and families healthy and safe this school year.
If you have questions related to school, please call the school main office. If you have questions about COVID-19, please contact Tri-County Health Department at 303-220-9200.
Cherry Creek Schools