November 18, 2013
Dear Buffalo Trail Families,
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING. . .THE BOOK FAIR IS HERE
Monday, November 18 through Friday, December 6 online
Friday, November 22 through Tuesday, November 26 in school library
- We really need your help! Only a few individuals have signed up to help. There are lots of opportunities to help including set up, take down, and sales. Click Book Fair Sign-Up for more information. Those who volunteer will receive a $5 credit towards a purchase at the book fair.
- Here is the link to our Book Fair Homepage . Parents, you can click on the link to our Online Fair. You can shop and enjoy from home at your convenience! Purchases made through your Online Fair add to your total Book Fair sales.
- You can also shop at the school library on Friday 11/22 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday 11/25 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Tuesday 11/26 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- There is a NEW Book Fair App and it is absolutely FREE and available for both iPhone® and Android™ mobile devices.
- With any scan of a book cover or barcode you can learn the reading level, appropriate age/grade, book summary, price, videos and podcasts, awards, eBooks (Android only), and more
- Parents are also able to search thousands of titles to find recommendations on similar books, create wish lists, and even make purchases for books available online.
PARENT UNIVERSITY MEETING--Tuesday, November 19
- Parent University meeting (Keeping our Kids Safe) will be held in the Buffalo Trail Library on Tuesday, November 19th from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Child care will be available. Our own Kim Casali will talk about internet safety and a representative from the Aurora Police Department will speak as well. We look forward to seeing you there!
FUN RUN EXTENSION--Friday, November 22
- Money due date for the Fun Run your child(ren) participated in on Friday, November 8th has been extended to Friday, November 22. Please have your child return the Fun Run Paper with the laps they completed along with a check made out to Buffalo Trail to the front office.
OTHER IMPORTANT EVENTS THIS MONTH
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thanksgiving break Wed 11/27 through Friday 11/29
Ongoing Events and Sign-Ups
Do you know how you can light up a Child’s Smile?
Ms. Meyer, our wonderful art teacher does too! She is looking for parent helpers in the art room, especially with the younger grades! This Art Room link will allow you to sign up for an available slot. Each slot is listed from 1:20-3:20 but don't feel like you have to come in for that long. 1st grade is from 1:20-2:05, 2nd grade from 2:10-2:55, and Kindergarten from 3:00-3:20. Pop in and lend a hand and watch a child’s smile widen!
This Month’s Restaurant Nights
- Chick Fil A Day! - All Day Tuesday, November 26th
Thank you from your Buffalo Trail PTCO!
Additional information from Southlands:
Earn 1,000 Points at the Holiday Kickoff
The holiday season kicks off with our Annual Parade down Main Street culminating in Town Square, along with our Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony. Sign in at the YMCA booth during the event. Click here to view the parade route and more details.
Earn 5,000 points when you watch a movie with Santa
Join us at AMC Southlands 16 Theatres on Saturday, November 30, December 7 & 14 for classic holiday movies starting at 10 am. You’ll get to meet & greet Santa, plus a chance to win holiday prizes. Your $5 donation will go directly to The Starlight Foundation. Be sure to sign in for your school when you purchase your tickets to earn 5,000 points for each family attending. Don’t forget to visit shopsouthlands.com for details on special events like Skating with Santa and special shopping nights throughout December, complete with discounts and offers from participating retailers.
View more bonus offers on the Earning 4 Learning website.