November 11, 2013
Dear Buffalo Trail Families,
HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S WONDERFUL EVENTS AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Do You Enjoy Cooking?
Thanks to all of you who volunteered for the teacher dinner on November 13. Our sign up is full. Hooray!!! Keep an eye out for future cooking opportunities!
Do you know you can light up a child’s smile?
Ms. Meyer, our wonderful art teacher does too! She is looking for parent helpers in the art room, especially with the younger grades! This Art Room link will allow you to sign up for an available slot. Each slot is listed from but don't feel like you have to come in for that long. 1st grade is from , 2nd grade from , and Kindergarten from .
Pop in and lend a hand and watch a child’s smile widen!
OTHER IMPORTANT EVENTS THIS MONTH
Questions to Ask at a Parent/Teacher Conferences this week (to find out what you really want to know!)
· What does my child do well at school?
· What are his/her strengths in learning?
· What is the most important area(s) we should help our child improve over this next trimester?
· What kinds of activities or experiences can I provide at home with our family to help our son/daughter improve in this focus area?
· How would you describe my child’s interactions with classmates?
· What is the important idea you want me to take away from our conference?
Important Upcoming Dates
· Our next Parent University meeting (Keeping our Kids Safe) will be held in the Buffalo Trail Library on . Child care will be available. Our own Kim Casali will talk about Internet safety and a representative from the Aurora Police Department will speak as well. We look forward to seeing you there!
· The book fair is coming Book Fair Sign-Up to sign up to help. Keep an eye out for information coming home regarding online sales too! in the school library. There are lots of opportunities to help including set up, take down, and sales (aka helping students/parents find books). Click
This Month’s Restaurant Nights
· Chick Fil A Day! - All Day
Thank you from your Buffalo Trail PTCO!